Monday 3 August 2009

Twos

A poem written when I was single. Now I’m happily married, to Kate.


Paired up in Twos

Like they are in the zoos

Is that the ideal, or nearly?

Are you in a two?

How is it for you?

Are you happy?

Well no, not really

The rows and the fights

The conjugal rights

[Your love-life by now pretty boring]

Alone in your bed with some chocolate instead

Would be really fantastic –

No snoring

It feels good to be two

There’s nothing more true

For a hug, or a cuddle or more

But I look at the twos around me, and I say to myself

Not sure!

2 comments:

  1. Can't speak from experience, but I hear a three is more fun...

    Chocolate just melts in bed. Cuddles are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge Smile,

    Like all things with me....ones are good.. twos are good...the right ones in the right two's are better...

    The trouble starts when the wrong ones end up in the wrong twos.

    Gawd help it when the wrong ones end up in the wrong threes or perhaps they are the ones that make up the right threes.

    Hee Hee

    Forgetful Heart

    This has cheered my morning up I was pondering dark matter,,and it's mathmatical meaning....

    ReplyDelete