Monday 3 August 2009

A Woman's Love



This is not love, if you won’t lie for me
[Only little ones]
“No, of course you don’t need to lose weight”
“Yes, I suppose she is attractive in a way”

This is love
That you put me first
Treat me well
Care for me
Constantly
Unconditionally
Unselfishly

And this is love
That my worries matter to you
But my faults don’t
That our rows don’t linger
Our differences are forgotten
Our anniversaries remembered

And love is really listening to me
Turning the tele off
Putting the paper down
Communicating
Mars to Venus
It is love if you would walk miles for me
In the rain
Fight for me
Die for me

Yet love is also just holding me
When I need you to
Without me asking
And love is saying “Sorry”
Regardless
Wiping my tears away

Love is telling me I look beautiful always
It is commitment and faithfulness
Truth, and no lies
Hard work sometimes
A place of safety always

All this, and more, is love
Nothing is more than love
And without it we are nothing
John Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment