Monday 3 August 2009

A Woman For A Week

I’d love to be a woman for a week
To see the pleasures denied by being on the other side
I’d love to be a woman for a week

I’m not stupid, and I’d pick my week
And I hope I’d find I’d be wined and dined
By intelligent men who say they’ll phone and then……….remember

I’d love to be a woman for a week
A gender experiment
Martian – Venusian
A little transformation
‘coz we’re not talking operation
I’d just love to be a woman for a week

To feel the power
Over stupid men
Time and again
Hey! Look me in the eyes, not the chest
And never mind yet what I’m like undressed

Could I survive as a woman for a week?
The workload – the kids
So much to do
Shopping and cooking, laundry too
And would I survive as a woman for a week?
Feeling the fear – car doors locked
Only safe from harm, when tightly clutching my rape-alarm

Still, I’d love to be a woman for a week
For the gossip, the insight, the female views
Sharing and caring, weeing in twos
I’d do the lipstick, the lingerie, the little black dress
The full lady-shave, the total temptress
I’d enjoy so much, I’d have a ball
Having really long ‘phone calls about nothing at all
And shopping all day ‘coz I’ve nothing to wear
And the multiple thingies – Oh yeah!

But sadly…….
I’ll never be a woman for a week, or a day
I’m a Martian
And it just don’t work that way

March 2002

5 comments:

  1. Made me smile, a pretty good insight into some of us at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Cara.
    You are my first comment.
    I appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you weren't a married man, I would say, "way to go, you'll have dates for life".

    Just one thing though... a phone conversation is NEVER about nothing at all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ! you sound like my husband LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I must say, I like being a woman. BTW, we hate the nothing at all conversation too!

    ReplyDelete